2013年1月29日火曜日

Trip to Iwate Part1~ Morioka City ~ Kenji Miyazawa

 
 
Trip to Iwate
11.5~7.2012
 
 
 
Mt.Iwate
 
 
 
 
Arrived at Morioka.
This city is known for its associations with Miyazawa Kenji.
The monument of his work " Gaushe the Cellist ".
There are other monuments on a street in this city.
He is one of my favorite writers.
 
 
 
 
 
His famous poem "I will not give in to the rain"
(Ame ni mo Makezu)
 
 
 
"I will not give in to the rain.
I will not give in to the wind.
I will have a healthy body
that won't give in to the snow
or to summer's heat.
I will not have a desire.
I will not get angry.
I will always be smiling quietly. 
..........
 
In everything,
I will not count myself.
I will look, listen and understand well,
and I won't forget.
..........
 
When there is a drought,
I will shed tears,
When the summer is cold,
I will walk around helplessly.
 
I will be called useless by everyone.
I will not be praised or thought a pain.
 
This is the person
I want to be."
 
 
 
 
 
"This is a poem that most Japanese people know by heart,
and has given them courage
through many terrible periods of adversity,
like those now afflicting the Tohoku region."
 
 
 

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿